Safetech Hardware and Kidsafe Australia – Free Swim Lessons Competition
Terms & Conditions
Date From: 23rd July 2018
Date to: 31st July 2018
1. The Promoter is Kidsafe Australia of Building 2, Pearce Centre Collett Place Pearce, ACT, 2607 ABN: 26008545382
2. Information on how to enter and the prize forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition via the Kidsafe Australia Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/kidsafeaustralia/)is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
Who can enter
4. Entry is open to all residents of Australia except employees and immediate families of the Kidsafe Australia, Safetech Hardware and their associated companies and agencies. Immediate family includes the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, stepbrother, stepsister or first cousin.
5. This competition is only open to entrants over 18 years of age. The prize will be awarded to a parent/carer on behalf of their child.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity in order to claim the prize. Proof of identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
When to enter
7. The competition commences on 23rd July 2018 and concludes on the 31st of July 2018 (5pm AEST). Entries must be received by the Promoter via the Kidsafe Australia website prior to the competition close date and time.
8. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received via the Kidsafe Australia Facebook page, not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
9. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries.
How to enter
10. Entrants may enter the competition by registering on Kidsafe Australia’s website and answering the following question:
What is the one item you never leave home without when taking the kids for a swim? It could be a sunscreen, towels, a bucket and spade or plenty of snacks!
There is no need to register details such as full name, address, telephone number and e-mail address to complete entry – only postcode. The only requirement is to answer the designated question
The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependent on the entrant’s individual internet Service Provider.
12. Entrants are required to take full responsibility for the content of their entry and for ensuring that their entry complies with these terms and conditions. For the purposes of these content requirements, “entry content” includes any content (including text, photos, videos and email messages) that entrants submit, upload, transmit, publish, communicate or use in connection with their entry into the Promotion.
(a) any content that contravenes any law, infringes the rights of any person or is potentially insulting, inflammatory, defamatory, obscene, offensive, discriminatory, indecent or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate (which includes, without limitation, any content involving nudity, malice, excessive violence or swearing); and
The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
13. Any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid, unless the entrant requires the assistance of a third party to enter due to a disability.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple Facebook profiles.
Number of Entries permitted
15. Only one entry per person. Only one prize will be awarded.
Draw and Notification of winner
16. The winner will be selected based on their answer, and selected by the appropriate representative of both Kidsafe and Safetech. This is not a lottery.
17. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result or any other decisions the Promoter makes in connection with the Promotion.
18. The winners will be notified by Facebook within two days of the draw. The first name and State of winner will be listed on the Facebook page and Kidsafe Australia website.
Prize on offer
19. Individual prize value of 10 free kids swim lessons is up to $300 (including GST) to be redeemed at a swim school of the winner’s choice (pending availability of the swim school). The winner pays for transport and all other expenses related to the prize. To be used within 12 months of winning prize.
20. Unless otherwise expressly stated, prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of first publication of these Terms and Conditions (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
21. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
22. Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
23. It is the responsibility of the winner to confirm such conditions with the prize supplier, depending which swim school they choose to redeem the 10 lessons at.
24. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
25. All entrants agree that if they win the prize, they will not, and their companions will not, sell the prize.
26. Kidsafe Australia will liaise with winner to help select appropriate swim school for 10x lessons to be utilised. Cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
Further Terms and Conditions
27. Subject to complying with all relevant State and Territory legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition.
28. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including (without limitation) due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion take any action that may be available, and (without limitation) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under various State Regulations.
29. Any entrant found to be using any form of software or third party application to enter multiple times (including scripting software) will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated.
30. An entrant may not use a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf, except where the entrant needs to use those services of that third party to enter due to a disability.
31 If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislation.
32. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize if an entrant who claims to be a prize winner is unable to satisfy these terms and conditions.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
33. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s submission, image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with the Promoter.
34. The Promoter acknowledges that Kidsafe Australia may own intellectual property rights (including copyright) in any material created or otherwise submitted to the Kidsafe in connection with the entrant’s entry or participation in any aspect of the prize.
35. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize.
36. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
37. The Promoter collects personal information about you for the purposes of conducting this promotion. Any disclosure of such information will be made as required by law and in accordance with these terms and conditions but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent. All entries become the property of The Promoter (with the exception of any intellectual property rights comprised therein).